The portrait of life

My attempt is to paint a picture that represents life. It may not be the real life but it will definitely be a close approximation to it.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hope

Hope

I have been fighting with this one word for the last few days. Used to believe that I understand perfectly what it means but now I know I am clueless as to what this animal is all about. I know that hope is probably the only thread that holds us to our future and allows us to fight on for another day – hoping that we will reach that one goal. The question is – what is hope?

Is it something irrational that exists in people who can not control their fate or is it something that allows people to think that they can succeed? I guess this is decided by the person himself or herself. Over the years I have realized that I can never influence somebody else’s hopes or aspirations though I never stopped trying and I guess I will never stop in the future either. But the question remains as to what can I do to give somebody hope – enough hope that they will live to fight another day?

I lost faith in my ability to help people today – not because I failed but because I find people judging me on the basis of their assumptions about my ability. This need not even have any correlation with what I really am but has a lot to do with the person’s own fears and conjectures. How do I fight that is my real concern and fight I must. I just don’t know how to.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Arvind Garg said...

Hi!,

Arvind Here...
You write well buddy!
Let me know your Mobile number.

Arvind Garg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home